Payer – Introduction
Payer simplifies payments between companies. Their service for e-commerce helps create an amazing buying experience, that creates happy customers and increased revenue.
Payer offers a wide range of different payment solutions that you can easily use in your store.
Account with Payer
To use the Payer plugin you need an account with Payer. This will provide you with the different keys that you need for the plugin to work correctly. You can contact Payer and get more information about this here at https://www.payer.se/
You can read more about this at the Payer website.
Required WooCommerce settings
- Make sure that you have enabled pretty permalinks in your WordPress installation. Otherwise callbacks from Payer back to your store won’t work and orders will not be updated with the correct order status/information.
- Make sure that the WooCommerce callback API works. If you enter the following address in a browser –
https://yourdomain.com/wc-api/Payer_Gateway– you should see a white page with -1 printed in the top of the page. If you get a 404 error message and have a multilingual plugin like Polylang installed, make sure to check the box Hide URL language information for default language in URL modification settings.
- To get the order total to match between WooCommerce and Payer you need to configure WooCommerce to display prices with 2 decimals. More information about displaying of prices and how it can cause rounding issues can be found in this article.
- Login to WordPress Admin. Navigate to Plugins → Add New (in the left column menu).
- Click Upload Plugin and then browse to the plugin zip-file on your computer. Click on OK and finally click on the Install Now button.
- Activate the plugin.
These initial basic settings are all available for each Payer payment method (card, bank, invoice, installment, Swish, Einvoice and Masterpass). We use Card payment as an example here:
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Payer Card
- Enable Payer card payments by checking the Enable Payer Card checkbox.
- The Title and Description fields controls what the customer sees during checkout.
- The Icon URL field can be used to replace the default Payer icon.
The following fields should be entered in the Payer Card section but they do apply for all payment methods:
- Enter the Agent ID, Soap ID, Soap Password, Post key 1, Post key 2 & Rest key that you have received from Payer.
- Enable order management - Check this to activate order management for Payer
- Enable get address - Check this box to enable the Get address feature from Payer. Note that this is only available in Sweden.
- Enable Proxy if you are using a proxy to prevent callback issues.
- Skip ID Validation - Enable if you wish to skip ID Validation. Please note that there might be a high security risk in doing so.
- Test mode – Check this box if you have a test account and want to make purchases against Payers test server environment.
- Debug – Check this box to log events for debugging. You can find the logs by navigating to WooCommerce → Status → Logs.
We now support recurring payments through WooCommerce Subscriptions.
To activate this feature you need to:
- Set up an agreement with Payer about taking subscription payments.
- Purchase and configure the WooCommerce Subscriptions extension.
- Have Card payments or Direct invoice payments enabled in your store through Payer.
Payer only supports Card payments and Direct invoice payments for recurring payments.
If the checkout is not showing after you have followed all the instructions, and you don’t see any error messages in the checkout page, we recommend that you temporarily enable WP_DEBUG. You can find more information about that here.
Payer integrates with the normal checkout of WooCommerce and should work with most other plugins with few issues.
We have tested the plugin with the following themes:
If your theme is not on this list we recommend that you try the plugin first on a test store, and not in a live environment. If you need changes to be done then we recommend that you contact the developers behind your store.
We at Krokedil do not offer help with adapting your theme or plugin within regular support.