Budbee for WooCommerce – Introduction
Budbee for WooCommerce is a plugin that extends WooCommerce, allowing you to book shipments via Budbee.
- Budbee is available in Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
- You need an agreement with Budbee to be able to use this plugin.
- WooCommerce 3.0 or newer is required.
- PHP 5.6 or higher is required.
- A SSL Certificate is required.
- The plugin can be downloaded here.
- Login to WordPress Admin. Navigate to → Plugins → Add New (in the left column menu).
- Click Upload Plugin and then browse to the plugin zip-file on your computer. Click on OK and finally click on the Install Now button.
- Activate the plugin.
- Navigate to → WooCommerce → Settings → Shipping.
- Now Budbee is displayed as an available option in the horizontal menu at the top. Click on this link to access the Budbee settings.
- API key - Your API key that you will receive from Budbee once you have your agreement.
- API secret - Your API secret that you will receive from Budbee once you have your agreement.
- Collection ID - Your Collection ID that you will receive from Budbee once you have your agreement.
- Sandbox mode - Enables so that you test the plugin before going live. (Requires separate test credentials).
- Debug mode - Log events in the module. You can find the log by navigating to → WooCommerce → Status → Logs.
- Budbee booking - Enables the plugin booking functions.
- Automatically open shipping labels - Automatically opens all shipping labels in new tabs when booking orders via “Bulk Actions”.
- Choose order status on orders Booked or Cancelled with Budbee - Enables you to choose what order status you want on orders Booked or Cancelled with Budbee.
- Outside door - Enabling this will allow Budbee to leave the package outside the door if recipient is not at home.
- Require signature - Enabling this will require recipient to make a signature when receiving the package.
- Identification check required - Enabling this will require recipient to show identification when receiving the package.
- Recipient minimum age - Enter what the minimum age requirement is for recipient. Leave blank for disable this setting.
- Recipient must match end customer - Enable if the the recipient must be the same person that created the order in your store.
- Number of miss retries - Enter how many times the recipient are allowed to miss deliveries. Leave this field blank to allow infinite time of misses.
Creating and configuring a Budbee shipping method
- Navigate to → WooCommerce → Settings → Shipping → Shipping zones.
- Choose the Shipping zone where you want for the Budbee shipping method.
- Click on the Add shipping method button.
- Choose the Budbee option in the drop down menu.
- Click on the Budbee shipping method title.
- Method title - This is the title of the shipping method that will be displayed on cart/checkout.
- Tax status - This setting allows you to choose if this shipping method should be taxable or not.
- Cost - The cost of the shipping method.
How the plugin functions in cart/checkout
By default the Budbee shipping method will be displayed in the cart/checkout. When the customer enter their postal code, we run a control on the given postal code whether it is within Budbee’s delivery range or not. If the given postal code is within range we will continue showing the shipping method for Budbee. If the given postal code is not within range, we will hide the shipping method for Budbee.
To be able to manage Budbee orders, you will need to enable the Budbee booking setting in the module settings. Only orders made with Budbee as the chosen shipping method will have the accessibility to book or cancel orders via Budbee.
To be able to see the status of a booked or cancelled order, you will need to go to the specific order. The status will then be displayed in either the order note or in the metabox of the order.
To be able to control what order status a booked or cancelled order should have, enable the setting: “Choose order status on orders Booked or Cancelled with Budbee”.
Book Budbee Shipping
- Navigate to → WooCommerce → Orders.
- You can book a Budbee shipment in multiple ways.
- Clicking the truck icon located to the right when viewing all orders.
- Selecting the Book Budbee shipping option in the WordPress Bulk Action drop down menu.
- Navigating to the specific order and clicking the Book Budbee shipping button located inside the metabox to the right.
- If an order was successfully booked, the order note will display “Budbee order created.”, along with other information such as order id, shipping label and tracking URL.
Cancel Budbee Shipping
- Navigate to → WooCommerce → Orders.
- Navigating to the specific order and clicking the “Cancel Budbee shipping” button located inside the metabox to the right.
- If an order was successfully cancelled, the order note will display “Budbee order cancelled.”