Klarna Payments – FAQ
Klarna payment method is not showing up in my Checkout?
- Check with the Klarna Merchant Support that your Klarna API credentials are confirmed to be valid for the product Klarna Payments.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin installed.
- A supported country for Klarna Payments must be selected in the WooCommerce checkout form before Klarna Payments is displayed, as can be tested at public WooCommerce Klarna Payments demo store: https://demo.krokedil.se/klarnapayments/
- Confirm WooCommerce required settings, such as pretty permalinks, per: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/klarna-payments/#section-2
- The WooCommerce server (your hosting account) must be able to make remote API calls, which can be checked under WooCommerce -> Status -> System and then check the Status: Remote post & Remote get
- If a currency switcher plugin is used in the store, the Klarna Payments payment method must be configured within the currency switcher for applicable currencies - https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/klarna-payments/#section-6
- Check if any logs that are generated under WooCommerce -> Status -> Logs contain an error message like bad value for not having set a terms page in WooCommerce etc.
Send a mail to email@example.com and we can review your store settings more specifically.
Please provide as much relevant information as possible about your issue to help avoid follow up question from us.
I have Klarna Payments but only one payment method is visible in my checkout, why is that?
The Klarna payment methods displayed in the checkout are configured based on your Klarna contract. Changes to the payment methods are updated within Klarna. To change the Klarna payment methods, either update your Klarna options in the Klarna Merchant Portal or work with your Klarna sales person.
Why do I see orders stuck as Pending payment in WooCommerce?
As of version 1.8.0 (released 23 July 2019), the order and payment process has slightly changed in the plugin. The new flow works in the following way:
- Customer clicks the Place order button in checkout.
- The order is created in WooCommerce and gets order status Pending payment.
- Order data is sent to Klarna.
- If Klarna approves the purchase request, the order status in WooCommerce changes to Processing and the customer is redirected to the order received page.
Orders that are created in WooCommerce, but not successfully created in Klarna (e.g. Klarna declines the authorize call for the customer), will stay Pending payment status, or will be set to Canceled in WooCommerce. These orders should not be shipped as the order has not been paid. In the WooCommerce documentation you can learn more about how to setup WooCommerce to automatically cancel unpaid orders after a certain amount of minutes (in the Inventory Options section).
This updated approach aligns better with WooCommerce architecture, is similar with other major payment processors, and removes the option for a Klarna order to be placed without a corresponding WooCommerce order.
I see a Pending payment order in my WooCommerce order view that does not include any order notes, why is that?
The customer has closed their browser window before completing the authentication modal window with Klarna. These orders should not be shipped as the order has not been paid.
Error: BAD_VALUE: order_lines.total_tax_amount
When seeing this error: BAD_VALUE: order_lines.total_tax_amount on create_session in the WooCommerce Status logs. Check tax settings and rules and make sure there aren’t 0% tax rules being applied incorrectly (as in this screen shot).
How do i add attachments or EMD to a Klarna Payments order?
We have example code that you can follow. Remember, this is only an example and not code that is to be used live. You will need to change the data and attachment type that you send to Klarna.
You can find more information about this here: https://developers.klarna.com/api/#payments-api-create-a-new-credit-session
When I click on the Place Order button it just reloads the page, what is wrong?
The cases we have seen so far when this is happening is a plugin compatible issue with another plugin. The plugin we have seen when troubleshooting this is the multilingual plugin WeGlot.
To get the checkout to work properly you need to exclude the checkout url in the WeGlot settings:
After this has been done you will see the Klarna modal window pop-up again when clicking on the Place Order button..
My payment ways is not displayed on the checkout page and I see this error message in the browsers console log: PaymentMethodCategoryNotSupportedError, what is wrong?
Our Woo KP plugin is expecting WooCommerce checkout radio button in certain places in the DOM (that follows the WooCommerce standard) that looks like it might been changed in your checkout. This is often due to theme and plugin changes.
Can I combine the WooCommerce cart and checkout pages by entering both shortcodes on the same page?
If you only want one page for checkout and cart, we suggest that you remove the cart page from the equation and add functionality to change products in the shopping cart on the checkout page.
Does Klarna Payments support subscriptions?
At the moment it does not.