Ecster Pay v2 - Introduction
Ecster Pay v2 for WooCommerce is a plugin that extends WooCommerce, allowing you to take payments via Ecster’s payment method Ecster Pay.
The plugin can be downloaded for free here.
Limitations in functionality
- Selection of Delivery Date.
- Extra checkout fields (besides the standard billing and shipping fields).
- Newsletter subscription signup.
- Create an account during checkout process where the customer gets the opportunity to select user name and password (however, this can be generated automatically in WooCommerce).
Account with Ecster
- Login to your WordPress Admin. Click on Plugins --> Add New from the left hand menu
- Click on the Upload option, then click Browse to select the zip file from your computer. Once selected, press OK and press the Install Now button.
- Activate the plugin.
Required WordPress settings
For the callback (communication from Ecster back to your webshop) to work, you need to consider the following:
- WordPress Permalink Settings may not be set to default. Some of the other options must be selected (mod_rewrite needs to be enabled, otherwise the callback from Ecster will generate a 404).
- To get the order total to match between WooCommerce and Ecster you need to configure WooCommerce to display prices with 2 decimals. More information about displaying of prices and how it can cause rounding issues can be found in this article.
- Callbacks will not work if you have a test environment that is not publicly accessible. If you work in a local development environment, we recommend that you use a service like ngrok or similar.
- Navigate to → WooCommerce → Settings → Payments.
- Now Ecster Pay appears as an available payment method in the horizontal menu at the top. Click on this link to get to the settings page for the payment method.
- Enable / Disable – Tick the checkbox if you want the payment method should be available at checkout.
- Title – Enter the title for the payment method displayed in the checkout and order confirmation emails.
- Description – Enter the description of the payment method shown at checkout.
- API key – received from Ecster.
- Merchant key – received from Ecster.
- Test mode – Tick the checkbox if you make purchases using a test account.
- Logging – Logging events in the module. The log can be found by navigating to → WooCommerce → System Status → Logs.
- Other payment method button text – Text used for the button displayed in checkout to switch to another payment method if you have more than Ecster Pay activated in WooCommerce. Leave bland to use the default text.
- Manage orders – Check this box if you want to cancel an order in Ecsters system automatically when the order is marked as Cancelled in WooCommerce and charge an order in Ecsters system automatically when the order is marked as Completed in WooCommerce.
When an order is created in WooCommerce and a reservation number exists in Ecsters system, you have the possibility to handle the order management in Ecster directly from WooCommerce. This way you can save time and don’t have to work in both systems simultaneously.
Read more about how to work with Order management here.
Before you go live
- Guest checkout needs to be enabled in WooCommerce (check the box "Allow customers to place orders without an account" in → WooCommerce → Settings → Accounts).
- Ecster Pay should be the default payment method (can be adjusted in the section Payment Gateways in → WooCommerce → Settings → Payments).
- Since the checkout flow is supposed to be as friction free as possible, Ecster recommends that Enable registration on the “Checkout” page is deactivated (in → WooCommerce → Settings → Accounts).
- The Ecster logotype should be visible on the home page (for example in the footer). Logos can be found here.
- Ecster also have a checklist containing information about legal information, pricing display and terms. Be sure to check this list before you go live.