To install this plugin you first need to have Klarna Checkout for WooCommerce installed. Then you install this plugin just like any other WordPress plugin:
- Download the plugin zip file.
- Upload the plugin via the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress Administration.
- Activate the plugin.
- Navigate to --> CheckoutBox and enter the license key you received.
Display button via shortcode
The button is displayed on a regular WordPress page via a checkoutbox shortcode.
- The parameter needed to tie the button to a specific product is wc-product-id.
- The parameter button-label can also be added in the shortcode, but is not mandatory. If not added, the button label will default to Buy now.
- The parameter quantity-field can be added but is not mandatory. If not used one item of the product is purchased. If quantity-field is set to yes, a quantity field is displayed next to the buy button.
The shortcode is then added in the following way:
[checkoutbox wc-product-id="922092" button-label="Buy now!" quantity-field="yes"]
- Replace 922092 with the actual product ID you want to tie the button to.
How to retrieve product ID
To get the product id for a product you can do the following:
- Simple product
Hover the product on the Products page in WooCommerce and you will see the ID.
- Variable product
Navigate to the product and click the Variations tab. The ID will then be displayed next to each variation.
CheckoutBox purchase flow
When a purchase is made via the pay button the order flow is the following:
- Customer clicks the buy button.
- The checkout is displayed in a popup modal window.
- Customer identifies herself.
- Information about the customer address, selected payment method and total price is displayed.
- The customer clicks the Complete your purchase button.
- Customer is redirected to a confirmation url where the order is created in WooCommerce.
- Customer is redirected to the order received page for the specific order.
- The order in WooCommerce is tagged as created_via checkoutbox.
- An order note is added with information about the purchase being made via CheckoutBox.
- Postal number based shipping cost is currently not supported in the plugin.
- Support for displaying the pay button on product pages.
- Support for theming/styling the pay button.
- Support for payments without the need to have WooCommerce or Klarna Checkout for WooCommerce plugin installed.