Billmate Checkout - Introduction
- The plugin can be downloaded for free here.
- You need an agreement with Billmate to be able to use this plugin.
- WooCommerce 3.0 or newer is required.
- PHP 5.6 or higher is required.
- A SSL Certificate is required.
- Billmate Order Management
Read more about how to manage Billmate orders directly from WooCommerce.
Required WooCommerce Settings
- Make sure that you have enabled pretty permalinks in your WordPress installation. Otherwise callbacks from Billmate back to your store won’t work and orders will not be updated with the correct order status/information.
- It is recommended to enable guest checkout (Enable guest checkout setting in WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout). If you don’t allow guest checkout you must check both Automatically generate username from customer email and Automatically generate customer password in WooCommerce > Settings > Accounts setting page.
- To get the order total to match between WooCommerce and Billmate you need to configure WooCommerce to display prices with 2 decimals. More information about displaying of prices and how it can cause rounding issues can be found in this article.
- Go to: WooCommerce -> Settings -> Checkout -> Billmate Checkout.
- Enable Billmate Checkout by checking the Enable Billmate Checkout checkbox.
- Title - Enter the title for the payment method displayed in the checkout and order confirmation emails.
- Description - Enter the description of the payment method displayed in the checkout page.
- Other payment method button text - Customize the Select another payment method button text that is displayed in the checkout if using other payment methods than Billmate Checkout. Leave blank to use the default (and translatable) text.
- Testmode - Tick the checkbox if you make purchases using a test account.
- Debug log - Tick this checkbox to log events for debugging.
- Checkout flow - Select how Billmate Checkout should be integrated in WooCommerce. More information here.
- Billmate checkout layout - Select the Billmate checkout layout.
- Client ID - Client id that you receive from Billmate.
- Client Secret - Client secret that you receive from Billmate.
Checkout flow setting
With Billmate Checkout you have the possibility to choose what kind of checkout flow your store should have.
The first option is Checkout. This flow integrates the Billmate Checkout iframe directly on the WooCommerce checkout page. This means that the Billmate Checkout iframe is where the customer fills in their address information and also where they finalize their purchase.
The second option is Pay for Order. This flow integrates the Billmate Checkout iframe on the WooCommerce pay for order page. This means that on the WooCommerce checkout page there will be the standard WooCommerce fields for the customer to fill in. The customer will then get redirected to the WooCommerce pay for order page where they finalize the purchase inside the Billmate Checkout iframe. Note, for B2B purchases no organization number will get sent to Billmate by default since this kind of field is not a WooCommerce standard field. If you want to send in the organization number to Billmate you will need to add this field through a checkout field customizer plugin.