ProTeria CloudConnect – Introduction
ProTeria CloudConnect is a plugin that extends WooCommerce, allowing you to book shipments via ProTeria.
- ProTeria CloudConnect is available in Norway.
- You need an agreement with ProTeria to be able to use this plugin.
- WooCommerce 3.0 or newer is required.
- PHP 5.6 or higher is required.
- The plugin can be downloaded here.
- Login to WordPress Admin. Navigate to → Plugins → Add New (in the left column menu).
- Click Upload Plugin and then browse to the plugin zip-file on your computer. Click on OK and finally click on the Install Now button.
- Activate the plugin.
- Navigate to → WooCommerce → Settings → Shipping → Shipping Option.
- Now a new section called ProTeria CloudConnect is added. Here you can configure the plugin general settings.
- Access token - Your Access token that you will receive from ProTeria once you have your agreement.
- Test mode - If this option is checked test mode will be enabled and Sandbox API used.
- Account number for Cash On Delivery - Add your account number for Cash on delivery.
- Create shipment action - When the shipment should be created. Select between When WooCommerce order status change to Completed, When WooCommerce order status change to Processing or Manually.
- Send shipments automatically - If this option is checked shipments will be sent automatically.
- Include return label - If this option is checked a return label will be included when viewing or printing the shipment label.
- Cloud Print - If this option is checked labels will be printed via Cloud Print.
- Print format - Choose between Label or A4.
- From name - The From name used in the request to ProTeria.
- Contact person name - The Contact person name used in the request to ProTeria.
- Contact person email - The Contact person email used in the request to ProTeria.
- Contact person phone - The Contact person phone used in the request to ProTeria.
- Send Auto Mail Shipment Info To Receiver - If this option is checked an email will be sent from ProTeria to the customer when the shipment is sent.
- Send Tracking Info SMS To Receiver - If this option is checked a SMS message will be sent from ProTeria to the customer when the shipment is sent.
- Log - Enable API requests logging.
Creating and configuring a ProTeria CloudConnect shipping method
With the ProTeria CloudConnect plugin you connect a regular WooCommerce shipping method to a specific ProTeria CloudConnect shipment service.
- Navigate to → WooCommerce → Settings → Shipping → Shipping zones.
- Choose the Shipping zone where you want to connect a shipping method to a ProTeria CloudConnect service.
- Click on the shipping method to configure the settings.
- In the configuration screen a setting called ProTeria CloudConnect Service is displayed. This setting defaults to No ProTeria Connection.
- By opening the select box you can choose the shipment service you want to connect.
- Remember to add a Method title, Cost and Tax status for the shipping method.
- Click on the Save changes button.
Book and manage shipments
If a shipping method in a WooCommerce order is connected to a ProTeria CloudConnect service, action buttons for creating, printing and viewing shipments are displayed in the ProTeria column on the order overview page.
- The first order (#935915) has a ProTeria CloudConnect service connected to the shipping method (in this case PostNord MyPack Collect), but the shipment has not yet been created.
- The second order (#935908) also have a ProTeria CloudConnect service connected to the shipping method. In this case the shipment has been created.
- The third order (#935905) does not have a ProTeria CloudConnect service connected to the shipping method. Because of this, the order is lacking the ProTeria action buttons.
Book a shipment
Booking a shipment can be done in several different ways.
- Automatically, if order status change to Completed and the plugin setting Create shipment action is set to When WooCommerce order status changes to Completed.
- Automatically, if order status change to Processing and the plugin setting Create shipment action is set to When WooCommerce order status changes to Processing.
- Manually, by clicking on the Create shipment button on the order page.
- Manually, via the Bulk action feature by checking one or several orders and then select Create shipment and click the Apply button on the order page.
- Manually, via the edit/single order page, by clicking the Create Shipment button.
When a shipment have been booked, you are able to print and view the shipment label. In the edit/single single order page you re also able to see the CloudConnect shipment ID.
Remove a shipment
The saved shipment ID can be removed from the WooCommerce order by clicking the X to the right of the CloudConnect Shipment ID.
When a CloudConnect Shipment ID has been removed, you are able to create a new shipment.
Note that removing the Shipment ID in WooCommerce does not cancel or remove the shipment in ProTerias system. This must be done manually in ProTeria.