Zimpler - Introduction
Zimpler for WooCommerce is a plugin that extends WooCommerce allowing you to accept payments via Zimpler.
Required WordPress/WooCommerce settings
Make sure that you have enabled pretty permalinks in your WordPress installation. Otherwise callbacks from Zimpler back to your store won’t work and orders will not be updated with the correct order status/information.
- Download the .zip file.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin the file you have downloaded.
- Install Now and Activate.
Setup and Configuration
Once you have installed the plugin you need to configure it in accordance to the steps below
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Zimpler
- Enable Zimpler by checking the Enable Zimpler checkbox.
- Title – Enter the title for the payment method displayed in the checkout and order confirmation emails.
- Description – Enter the description of the payment method displayed in the checkout page.
- Test mode – check the Enable test mode for Zimpler checkbox to place the payment gateway in test mode when using test credentials. If not checked the payment method will function in a live production environment.
- Logging – check the Log debug messages to save debug messages to the WooCommerce System Status log
Zimpler Production credentials
- Username - Where you enter the Username received by Zimpler.
- Password - Where you enter Password received by Zimpler.
Zimpler Test credentials
- Username - Where you enter the Test Username received by Zimpler. Used if Test mode is checked above.
- Password - Where you enter the Test Password received by Zimpler. Used if Test mode is checked above.
Payments via Zimpler are transferred to your account almost directly when the order is placed. Therefore, activations and cancelations (like with invoice payments) is not needed.
However, refunds in Zimplers system can be done directly from WooCommerce.
Refund an order
- Go to the order edit screen by navigate to → WooCommerce → Orders and click on the order you want to edit.
- In the Order items box, press the Refund button.
- Change the order items you want to refund.
- Press the Refund via Zimpler button.
- If everything was successful a new order note saying Successfully refunded xx kr with Zimpler is created.
The plugin itself has no limitations regarding currency.
However, please note that there can be limitations in the agreement you have with your payment provider.
When it comes to questions regarding supported currencies you should always talk to your payment provider. The exception is when the plugin in fact do have limitations.
You can read more about this at the Zimpler website.