Airmee for WooCommerce - Introduction
Airmee for WooCommerce is a plugin that extends WooCommerce, allowing you to book shipments via Airmee.
- Login to WordPress Admin. Navigate to Plugins → Add New (in the left column menu).
- Click Upload Plugin and then browse to the plugin zip-file on your computer. Click on OK and finally click on the Install Now button.
- Activate the plugin.
- Go to: WooCommerce → Settings → Shipping.
- Now Airmee is displayed as an available option in the horizontal menu at the top. Click on this link to access the Airmee settings.
- Place ID - Enter the Place ID that you have retrieved from Airmee.
- API JWT - Enter the API JWT that you have retrieved from Airmee.
- Debug logging - Log events in the module. You can find the log by navigating to WooCommerce → Status → Logs.
- Test mode - Check this box if you want to test the plugin before going live. (Requires separate test credentials).
- Timeslots in checkout - Check this box if you want to display a selectbox next to the shipping method in checkout where the customer can select a timeslot when the shipment should be delivered.
- Order Management - Check this box if you want to book deliveries in Airmee directly from WooCommerce.
- Automatically book order - Choose between the options No automatic order booking, When order status change to Processing and When order status change to Completed.
Creating and configuring a Airmee shipping method
- Go to: WooCommerce → Settings → Shipping → Shipping zones.
- Choose or Add the Shipping zone where you want to add Airmee as a shipping method.
- Click on the Add shipping method button and choose between Flat rate and Free shipping.
- Select AIRMEE in the Airmee Service select box. This setting defaults to No Airmee Service.
- Remember to name your shipping Method title (this is the title the user sees at checkout), set the Tax status (Taxable or None) and the Cost (ex. tax) of this shipping method.
- Click on the Save changes button.
The plugin will now make an availability request to Airmee when the customer loads the checkout page. If the customer address is within range of Airmee's delivery area, Airmee will be displayed as a shipping option for the customer.
To be able to manage Airmee deliveries, you will need to enable the Order management setting in the module settings. Only orders made with Airmee as the chosen shipping method will have the accessibility to book or cancel delivery via Airmee.
To be able to see the status of a booked or cancelled order, you will need to go to the specific order. The status will then be displayed in either the Order notes or in the metabox of the order.
Create Airmee delivery
- Navigate to WooCommerce → Orders.
- You can create an Airmee order in multiple ways.
- Clicking the truck icon located to the right when viewing all orders, check the Actions box in Screen Options if you do not see this icon.
- Selecting the Book Airmee delivery option in the Bulk actions drop down menu.
- Navigating to the specific order and clicking the Create Airmee order button located inside the metabox to the right.
- When an order is successfully booked, the Airmee metabox will display the Airmee order ID along with a tracking URL.
- If you need to grab the Airmee booking data for other purposes, it can be found in the following post meta fields in the order:
Pickup and delivery information:
Order ID (if order management is activated):
Tracking url (if order management is activated):
Cancel Airmee delivery
- Navigate to WooCommerce → Orders.
- Navigating to the specific order and clicking the Cancel Airmee delivery button located inside the metabox to the right.
- If an order was successfully cancelled, the order note will display “The shipping package is successfully cancelled.”