CheckoutBox makes it possible for your customers to checkout directly from a regular WordPress page with Klarna Checkout.
To install this plugin you first need to have Klarna Checkout for WooCommerce installed. Then you install this plugin just like any other WordPress plugin:
- Download the plugin zip file.
- Upload the plugin via the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress Administration.
- Activate the plugin.
Navigate to –> CheckoutBox and enter the license key you received when you bought the plugin.
Display button via shortcode
The button is displayed on a regular WordPress page via a checkoutbox shortcode.
- The parameter needed to tie the button to a specific product is wc-product-id.
- The parameter button-label can also be added in the shortcode, but is not mandatory. If not added, the button label will default to Buy now.
- The parameter quantity-field can be added but is not mandatory. If not used one item of the product is purchased. If quantity-field is set to yes, a quantity field is displayed next to the buy button.
The shortcode is then added in the following way:
[checkoutbox wc-product-id="922092" button-label="Buy now!" quantity-field="yes"]
- Replace 922092 with the actual product ID you want to tie the button to.
How to retrieve product ID
To get the product id for a product you can do the following:
- Simple product
Hover the product on the Products page in WooCommerce and you will see the ID.
- Variable product
Navigate to the product and click the Variations tab. The ID will then be displayed next to each variation.
CheckoutBox purchase flow
When a purchase is made via the pay button the order flow is the following:
- Customer clicks the buy button.
- The checkout is displayed in a popup modal window.
- Customer identifies herself.
- Information about the customer address, selected payment method and total price is displayed.
- The customer clicks the Complete your purchase button.
- Customer is redirected to a confirmation URL where the order is created in WooCommerce.
- Customer is redirected to the order received page for the specific order.
- The order in WooCommerce is tagged as created_via checkoutbox.
- An order note is added with information about the purchase being made via CheckoutBox.
- Postal number based shipping cost is currently not supported in the plugin.
The CheckoutBox plugin is in active development. New features are introduced on an ongoing basis. The following features are currently planned:
- Support for displaying the pay button on product pages.
- Support for theming/styling the pay button.
- Support for payments without the need to have WooCommerce or Klarna Checkout for WooCommerce plugin installed.