TrueLayer for WooCommerce is a plugin that extends WooCommerce allowing you to accept payments via TrueLayer.
Required WordPress/WooCommerce settings
Make sure that you have enabled pretty permalinks in your WordPress installation. Otherwise callbacks from TrueLayer back to your store won’t work and orders will not be updated with the correct order status/information.
Make sure to register the Redirect URI and webhook URI on your TrueLayer Console in the proper format by adding the following strings your store’s homepage URL
- Download the .zip file.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin the file you have downloaded.
- Install Now and Activate.
Setup and Configuration
Once you have installed the plugin you need to configure it in accordance to the steps below
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > TrueLayer
- Enable TrueLayer by checking the Enable TrueLayer checkbox.
- Title – Enter the title for the payment method displayed in the checkout and order confirmation emails.
- Description – Enter the description of the payment method displayed in the checkout page.
- Test mode – check the Enable test mode for TrueLayer checkbox to place the payment gateway in test mode when using Sandbox credentials. If not checked the payment method will function in a live production environment.
- Logging – check the Log debug messages to save debug messages to the WooCommerce System Status log
TrueLayer beneficiary credentials
- Type – Where you enter your TrueLayer benificiary type.
- Merchant account ID – Where you enter your TrueLayer benificiary account ID.
- Account holder name – Where you enter your TrueLayer benificiary account holder name.
TrueLayer Production credentials
Note that if you have Test mode checked you will not see this section, instead you will see TrueLayer Sandbox credentials.
- Client ID – Where you enter the Client ID received from TrueLayer.
- Client Secret – Where you enter the Client Secret received from TrueLayer.
- Client Certificate – Where you enter the Client Certificate received from TrueLayer.
- Client Private Key – Where you enter the Client Private Key received from TrueLayer.
TrueLayer Sandbox credentials
Note that if you don’t have Test mode checked you will not see this section, instead you will see TrueLayer Production credentials.
- Sandbox Client ID – Where you enter the Sandbox Client ID received from TrueLayer. Used if Test mode is checked above.
- Sandbox Client Secret – Where you enter the Sandbox Client Secret received from TrueLayer. Used if Test mode is checked above.
- Sandbox Client Certificate – Where you enter the Sandbox Client Certificate received from TrueLayer. Used if Test mode is checked above.
- Sandbox Client Private Key – Where you enter the Sandbox Client Private Key received from TrueLayer. Used if Test mode is checked above.
Payments via TrueLayer are transferred to your account almost directly when the order is placed. Therefore, activations and cancelations (like with invoice payments) is not needed.
Refunds in TrueLayer’s system can be done directly from WooCommerce.
Refund an order
- Go to the order edit screen by navigate to → WooCommerce → Orders and click on the order you want to edit.
- In the Order items box, press the Refund button.
- Here you can choose to refund the full sum for an item (1), part of the sum (2) or shipping (3).
If you enter a sum manually (2) you also need to enter the correct tax to refund manually, as opposed to when you refund the full sum for an item in which case the tax is automatically calculated. With shipping (3) you need to enter the amount manually, as well as the tax. Not to be confused with the Refund manually button.
- Press the Refund via TrueLayer button.
- If everything was successful a new order note saying Successfully refunded xx with TrueLayer is created. Also an TrueLayer payout executed order note including the Payout id is created.
The plugin itself has no limitations regarding currency.
However, please note that there can be limitations in the agreement you have with TrueLayer.
When it comes to questions regarding supported currencies you should always talk to your payment provider. The exception is when the plugin in fact do have limitations.
You can read more about this at the TrueLayer website.
Compatibility with themes & plugins
- TrueLayer uses its own template file for displaying the checkout page and should work with most themes. However, the plugin is only tested with the Storefront theme and we do not guarantee that it will work with other themes. Common situations when errors occur are:
– Themes/plugins with customized template files for WooCommerce checkout page.
– Themes/plugins that modifies the checkout into a multi step checkout.
Krokedil and TrueLayer do not offer help with adapting your theme or plugin within regular support.