Zimpler for WooCommerce is a plugin that extends WooCommerce allowing you to accept payments via Zimpler.
Required WordPress/WooCommerce settings
Make sure that you have enabled pretty permalinks in your WordPress installation. Otherwise callbacks from Zimpler back to your store won’t work and orders will not be updated with the correct order status/information.
- Download the .zip file.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin the file you have downloaded.
- Install Now and Activate.
Setup and Configuration
Once you have installed the plugin you need to configure it in accordance to the steps below
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Zimpler
- Enable Zimpler by checking the Enable Zimpler checkbox.
- Title – Enter the title for the payment method displayed in the checkout and order confirmation emails.
- Description – Enter the description of the payment method displayed in the checkout page.
- Test mode – check the Enable test mode for Zimpler checkbox to place the payment gateway in test mode when using test credentials. If not checked the payment method will function in a live production environment.
- Logging – check the Log debug messages to save debug messages to the WooCommerce System Status log
Zimpler Production credentials
- MID – Where you enter the MID (username) received from Zimpler.
- API Key – Where you enter the API Key (password) received from Zimpler.
Zimpler Test credentials
- Test MID – Where you enter the Test MID (username) received from Zimpler. Used if Test mode is checked above.
- Test API Key – Where you enter the Test API Key (password) received from Zimpler. Used if Test mode is checked above.
Payments via Zimpler are transferred to your account almost directly when the order is placed. Therefore, activations and cancelations (like with invoice payments) is not needed.
However, refunds in Zimplers system can be done directly from WooCommerce.
Refund an order
- Go to the order edit screen by navigate to → WooCommerce → Orders and click on the order you want to edit.
- In the Order items box, press the Refund button.
- Here you can choose to refund the full sum for an item (1), part of the sum (2) or shipping (3).
If you enter a sum manually (2) you also need to enter the correct tax to refund manually, as opposed to when you refund the full sum for an item in which case the tax is automatically calculated. With shipping (3) you need to enter the amount manually, as well as the tax. Not to be confused with the Refund manually button.
- Press the Refund via Zimpler button.
- If everything was successful a new order note saying Successfully refunded xx kr with Zimpler is created.
The plugin itself has no limitations regarding currency.
However, please note that there can be limitations in the agreement you have with Zimpler.
When it comes to questions regarding supported currencies you should always talk to your payment provider. The exception is when the plugin in fact do have limitations.
You can read more about this at the Zimpler website.
Compatibility with themes & plugins
- Zimpler uses its own template file for displaying the checkout page and should work with most themes. However, the plugin is only tested with the Storefront theme and we do not guarantee that it will work with other themes. Common situations when errors occur are:
– Themes/plugins with customized template files for WooCommerce checkout page.
– Themes/plugins that modifies the checkout into a multi step checkout.
Krokedil and Zimpler do not offer help with adapting your theme or plugin within regular support.