ProTeria CloudConnect is a plugin that extends WooCommerce, allowing you to book shipments via ProTeria.
- ProTeria CloudConnect is available in Norway.
- You need an agreement with ProTeria to be able to use this plugin.
- The plugin can be downloaded here.
- Login to WordPress Admin. Navigate to → Plugins → Add New (in the left column menu).
- Click Upload Plugin and then browse to the plugin zip-file on your computer. Click on OK and finally click on the Install Now button.
- Activate the plugin.
Navigate to → WooCommerce → Settings → Shipping → ProTeria to access the settings for the plugin.
- Access token – Your Access token that you will receive from ProTeria once you have your agreement.
- Test mode – If this option is checked test mode will be enabled and Sandbox API used.
- Account number for Cash On Delivery – Add your account number for Cash on delivery.
- Create shipment action – When the shipment should be created. Select between When WooCommerce order status change to Completed, When WooCommerce order status change to Processing or Manually.
- Send shipments automatically – If this option is checked shipments will be sent automatically.
- Include return label – If this option is checked a return label will be included when viewing or printing the shipment label.
- Cloud Print – If this option is checked labels will be printed via Cloud Print.
- Print format – Choose between Label or A4.
- From name – The From name used in the request to ProTeria.
- Contact person email – The Contact person email used in the request to ProTeria.
- Contact person phone – The Contact person phone used in the request to ProTeria.
- Send Auto Mail Shipment Info To Receiver – If this option is checked an email will be sent from ProTeria to the customer when the shipment is sent.
- Send Tracking Info SMS To Receiver – If this option is checked a SMS message will be sent from ProTeria to the customer when the shipment is sent.
- Log – Enable API requests logging.
Creating and configuring a ProTeria CloudConnect shipping method
With the ProTeria CloudConnect plugin you connect a regular WooCommerce shipping method to a specific ProTeria CloudConnect shipment service.
- Navigate to → WooCommerce → Settings → Shipping → Shipping zones.
- Choose the Shipping zone where you want to connect a shipping method to a ProTeria CloudConnect service.
- Click on the shipping method, or add a new method, to configure the settings.
- In the Method title you name the shipping method – preferably similar to the Service you connect in step 7.
- Tax status – Here you set if the shipping is taxable or not.
- Set the Cost of the shipping method.
Shipping class costs
These costs can optionally be added based on the product shipping class.
- “Skrymmande” shipping class cost – Here you enter the shipping cost if the shipment is bulky.
- No shipping class cost – Here you enter the shipping cost if the shipment does not have a shipping class.
- Calculation type – Choose if you want to charge shipping for each shipping class individually or for the most expensive shipping class.
- ProTeria CloudConnect Service – Choose the shipment service you want to connect in the select box. Defaults to No ProTeria Connection.
- Check the ProTeria – Display Pickup Point Selector box if you want to display ProTeria Pickup Point Selector in checkout when applicable. Please note that if you also use Klarna Checkout for WooCommerce and have checked the box for “Shipping Methods in iframe” in your KCO settings the “ProTeria – Display Pickup Point Selector” will not be displayed.
- Check the ProTeria – Display Bag on door box if you want to display Bag on door checkbox when applicable.
- ProTeria – Bag on door message – Enter the message describing the Bag on door option to the customer.
- Click on the Save changes button.
Book and manage shipments
If a shipping method in a WooCommerce order is connected to a ProTeria CloudConnect service, action buttons for creating, printing and viewing shipments are displayed in the ProTeria column on the order overview page.
- The first order (#935915) has a ProTeria CloudConnect service connected to the shipping method (in this case PostNord MyPack Collect), but the shipment has not yet been created.
- The second order (#935908) also have a ProTeria CloudConnect service connected to the shipping method. In this case the shipment has been created.
- The third order (#935905) does not have a ProTeria CloudConnect service connected to the shipping method. Because of this, the order is lacking the ProTeria action buttons.
Book a shipment
Booking a shipment can be done in several different ways.
- Automatically, if order status change to Completed and the plugin setting Create shipment action is set to When WooCommerce order status changes to Completed.
- Automatically, if order status change to Processing and the plugin setting Create shipment action is set to When WooCommerce order status changes to Processing.
- Manually, by clicking on the Create shipment button on the order page.
- Manually, via the Bulk action feature by checking one or several orders and then select Create shipment and click the Apply button on the order page.
- Manually, via the edit/single order page, by clicking the Create Shipment button.
When a shipment have been booked, you are able to print and view the shipment label. In the edit/single single order page you re also able to see the CloudConnect shipment ID.
Remove a shipment
The saved shipment ID can be removed from the WooCommerce order by clicking the X to the right of the CloudConnect Shipment ID.
When a CloudConnect Shipment ID has been removed, you are able to create a new shipment.
Note that removing the Shipment ID in WooCommerce does not cancel or remove the shipment in ProTerias system. This must be done manually in ProTeria.