Payer B2B - Introduction
Payer simplifies payments between companies. Their service for e-commerce helps create an amazing buying experience, that creates happy customers and increased revenue.
Payer offers a wide range of different payment solutions that you can easily use in your store.
Account with Payer
To use the Payer plugin you need an account with Payer. This will provide you with the different keys that you need for the plugin to work correctly. You can contact Payer and get more information about this here at https://www.payer.se/
You can read more about this at the Payer website.
Required WooCommerce settings
- Make sure that you have enabled pretty permalinks in your WordPress installation. Otherwise callbacks from Payer back to your store won’t work and orders will not be updated with the correct order status/information.
- To get the order total to match between WooCommerce and Payer you need to configure WooCommerce to display prices with 2 decimals. More information about displaying of prices and how it can cause rounding issues can be found in this article.
- Login to your WordPress Admin page. Navigate to → Plugins → Add new in the lefthand menu.
- Press Upload Plugin, and select the zip-file from your computer.
- Then press Ok and finally the button Install now.
The following settings fields are valid for the Payer B2B invoice configuration. Even if you do not want to use Invoice, but only Prepaid invoice and/or Card, you must have the fields Agent ID and API Key correctly filled out in this set up in order for the plugin to work at all.
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Payer B2B Invoice
- Enable/Disable - Enable Payer B2B invoice payments by checking the Enable Payer B2B Invoice checkbox.
- The Title and Description fields control what the customer sees during checkout.
- Automatic Credit Check - Run an automatic check on the customer's credit status.
- Enable extra checkout fields - Check this box to enable the extra checkout fields that the plugin adds. To be able to place orders you need to have this enabled if you do not have your own field for PNO or Org numbers.
- Enable separate signatory - Adds a checkbox and text field to the checkout process that lets the customer add a separate signatory for B2B purchases.
- Default invoice type - Sets the default invoice type for the customer. Standard is Email.
- Customer selects invoice type - Check this box to let the customer select what type of invoice they want.
- Allowed customer types - Select if you want to sell both to consumers and companies or only to one of them.
- Enter the Agent ID, and API Key that is provided by Payer. Without these the plugin won’t work at all.
- Enable order management - Check this box if you want to enable automatic order management for the Payer order.
- Test mode - Check this box if you have a test account and want to make purchases against Payers test server environment.
- Debug - Check this box to log events for debugging.
If you want to use Prepaid invoice and/or Card but not Invoice, you still need to set up your credentials in Payer B2B Invoice as described above.
We now support recurring payments through WooCommerce Subscriptions.
To activate this feature you need to:
- Set up an agreement with Payer about taking subscription payments.
- Purchase and configure the WooCommerce Subscriptions extension.
If the checkout is not showing after you have followed all the instructions, and you don’t see any error messages in the checkout page, we recommend that you temporarily enable WP_DEBUG. You can find more information about that here.
Payer integrates with the normal checkout of WooCommerce and should work with most other plugins with few issues.
We have tested the plugin with the following themes:
If your theme is not on this list we recommend that you try the plugin first on a test store, and not in a live environment. If you need changes to be done then we recommend that you contact the developers behind your store.
We at Krokedil do not offer help with adapting your theme or plugin within regular support.