Klarna Checkout – KCO-Global
Klarna Checkout for WooCommerce is structured in a way where KCO-Global is supposed to be activated in the merchants agreement with Klarna. KCO-global means that the store is able to take payments from customers outside of KCO core markets.
If there are orders for markets outside of Klarna’s Core markets, Klarna can capture all purchases with “card” as available payment method. When a user is switching between Klarna issuing markets, full Klarna payment methods will be provided.
Using the plugin without KCO-global
In some cases, merchants only sell to one country and therefore have no need for a global agreement. To be able to use the Klarna Checkout for WooCommerce plugin without a global agreement you need to configure your WooCommerce store in the following way:
- Navigate to --> WooCommerce --> Settings --> General.
- Make sure the store base country is matching the country used with your Klarna agreement.
- Set Selling location(s) to Sell to specific countries.
- Select the country you want to sell to in the setting Sell to Specific countries. This country needs to be same as the selected store base country.
- Set the Default customer location to Shop base address. This way WooCommerce will not try to calculate where the customer is located. All product prices and shipping costs will be displayed as if the customer comes from the same country as the store base country.
- Save the settings.
When a customer now adds an item to cart and navigates to the checkout, they will see the following screen. In the KCO iframe there will be a small notice saying The address should be in Sweden (since that was the country selected in the settings earlier).