The checkout flow
The checkout flow used for this plugin can result in Pending orders existing in WooCommerce, where the payment has not been finalized in Payson. This is part of the general WooCommerce checkout flow, and it does not implicate that something is wrong.
The Checkout Flow
This is how the order process is structured:
- Customer navigates to the checkout page in WooCommerce. If Payson Checkout is the selected (or only) payment method, a Payson order ID is created.
- The standard WooCommerce checkout form is submitted by the Payson Checkout plugin and a pending order is created in WooCommerce. This order has not yet been paid for and you should not change the status to Processing/Completed manually.
- Provided that the Payson Checkout plugin respond with a true message, Payson then finalizes the purchase in their system.
- Payson redirects the customer to the confirmation URL.
- The Payson Checkout plugin redirects the customer to the order received page and updates the order status to Processing in WooCommerce.